Friday, January 30, 2015

Recapping My Week in DC

Hey guys! I spent last week in DC with some friends, and I wanted to recap the week for y'all. I went with my school for March for Life, so we visited many different churches, but we also visited a lot of tourist attractions for those that have never been to DC. I had such a blast, and it was definitely one of the best weeks of my life! Here are some pictures that I took while on vacation!

We visited Arlington National Cemetery which was a very moving and powerful part of the trip. To see the number of men and women who died fighting for us and our country is not expressible in words. If you go to DC, I would definitely make a stop to come here. Make it an everyday routine to pray for all of the men and women (and their families) who risk their lives each and everyday to protect us.




We also visited some of the major monuments like the Lincoln, Washington, and Korean Monuments.



We took a trip to the Smithsonian museums which was definitely a highlight of the trip! I loved seeing all of the animals, artifacts, historical documents, paintings, etc that were on display.


Obama's crib.


It started snowing on the second to last day, and this is what I woke up to! I live in the South, so I never see snow, so this was such a pleasant surprise! I was sick of it by the end of the day though....

No comments:

Post a Comment