Friday, July 17, 2015

Normal vs Gel Manicures


I am completely guilty of going to the nail salon for a manicure instead of painting my nails myself. First and foremost, I am awful at painting my own nails. I am right-handed, so my right hand is practically covered in nail polish by the end of it because my left hand is so shaky. Also, the nail salon does such a great job of keeping your nails healthy and clean-cut, and once you go to the same salon as often as my sister and I do, the workers start to remember your name, family, and life story, and you do the same! But, I'm not writing this post to persuade you to go to the nail salon, I'm writing to give you guys my opinion on shellac/gel nail polish and regular nail polish.

I may ramble in this post, but bare with me. Nine out of the ten times my nails are painted, the color is gel. I am a "once you go shellac, you never go back" girl all the way because the color seems to stay on my nails for two weeks with no/minimal chipping. That is just unheard of with regular nail polish! The polish also has almost no drying time! I can leave the nail salon and go run errands, do chores, etc because my nails are dry immediately, but if I get a normal manicure, I feel like I can't do anything for the rest of the day because of the chance of ruining my freshly painted nails. So, I would definitely recommend a gel manicure next time you need one whether you go to the nail salon or use the gel polishes in stores like Sally Hansen and Essie which I also highly recommend. I've tried the Sally Hansen ones, and they seem to work very well!

Now if you decide to get a gel manicure in a nail salon, the different brands of polishes react differently on different nail beds, so it's best to figure out which polish works best for you. An example would be how Essie's gel polish stays on my nails for forever and is fabulous for me, but it does not stay on my sister's nails for long at all. Another example would be how CND's gel polish does not even dry when painted on my nails. No matter how long I put my hands under the dryer, the polish does not dry, but my sister swears by the polish! The workers at the nail salon said that it depends on the oil levels on your nail bed mixing with the polish. I don't know about all that, I just know what polish works with my nails and which don't. Don't get me wrong, I do use regular nail polish all the time (Essie is my fav!), but when in the nail salon, I prefer getting a gel manicure. I hope that this helped some of you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment